HALIFAX LANGUAGE INSTITUTE OF CANADA’S REFUND POLICY
Written Notice of Withdrawal: To initiate a refund, written notice must be provided by a student to Halifax Language Institute of Canada, stating his/her conditions for withdrawal.
Refund entitlement: Refund entitlement is calculated on the total fees due under the registration agreement, less the applicable non-‐refundable fees and service charges of the financial service/institution that processes the refund. Where total fees have not yet been collected, Halifax Language Institute of Canada is not responsible for refunding more than has been collected to date.
- Student is declined admission to Canada: If the student’s visa application for admission to Canada is declined, Halifax Language Institute of Canada will refund all money paid less the Non-‐Refundable Registration fee ($150 CDN) and related financial charges. Student/Agent will provide proof of non-‐admission document issued by Canada Immigration Services.
- Students who cancel before the start date: Students who cancel before the start date ANDwho return the original letter of acceptance will receive a refund of all fees minus a 10% cancellation fee.
- Students who cancel before the start date and who do NOT return the original letter of acceptance will not receive a refund.
- Students who withdraw within the first week of classes: Students who withdraw during the first week of classes, up until 4:00 p.m. on the first Friday of the semester, will receive a refund of 80% of the tuition fee only. There will be no refund of registration fees, books, health insurance, homestay registration, or the first month of homestay fees.
- Students who withdraw after the first week of classes: Students who withdraw after 4:00 p.m. on the first Friday of the semester will not receive a refund.
- Student is dismissed (expelled): No refund will be issued.