HALIFAX LANGUAGE INSTITUTE OF CANADA’S REFUND POLICY
Written Notice of Withdrawal: To initiate a refund, written notice must be provided by a student to Halifax Language Institute of Canada, stating his/her conditions for withdrawal.
Refund entitlement: Refund entitlement is calculated by the registrar and is based on the total fees due under the registration agreement, less the applicable non-refundable fees and service charges of the financial service/institution that processes the refund. Where total fees have not yet been collected, Halifax Language Institute is not responsible for refunding more than has been collected to date. All refunds will be processed on the Canadian side within 14 days, unless otherwise advised.
1. Student is declined admission to Canada: HLIC will refund all money paid less registration fee and related financial charges from the bank for sending the funds to and from each account. A letter from CIC must be presented, along with a refund request, to begin the refund process.
2. Students who cancel before the start date: Students who cancel on the Friday before the start date will receive a refund of all fees minus a 20% cancellation fee on the total amount paid. All related financial charges from the bank will also be deducted from the refund.
3. Students who withdraw within the first week of classes have until 12pm on the on the first Friday of the semester to withdraw from the course. Students will receive a 65% refund on the tuition fees only. All other fees will be retained (health insurance, books, activities fee, homestay/residence, etc), along with all non-refundable deposits (application, homestay, etc.)
4. Students who withdraw after 12pm on the first Friday of the semester will not be entitled to any refund.
5. Students who are expelled from the school or suspended from studies resulting in non-completion of the course are not entitled to refund. This includes dismissal for behavioural reasons, attitude, or attendance.
6. Students withdrawing from any 2+2-type program are not entitled to any form of refund.
7. No refunds are granted on any visa renewal fees.
8. No refunds are granted on residence fees.
9. No refunds are granted on homestay fees, except in the case of early graduation from the UBP program.