Learn the language of the land with Thomas Christmas, Mi’kmaq elder and language keeper.
- Online course via ZOOM. Playback option available for registered students to rewatch all classes.
- Start Date: September 14, 2022
- Schedule: 1.5 hours every Wednesday afternoon
- Length: 12 weeks
- Fees: $300 course fee due at registration
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Students on the course waitlist have priority for the following intake (ie: If you were put on the waitlist during Spring enrollment, you have priority for Fall enrollment)
The course is free for all Mi’kmaq students
HLIC is facilitating this course to further share the language of the land in an act of land back and as a way to honour Mi’kma’ki and the Mi’kmaq people.
This course is for all interested, free to Mi’kmaq people, and all profits will go to Mi’kmaq non-profit voted by the class.
For registration and inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Course (May 18 2022): Complete
Through the Mi’kmaq Language course HLIC hosted this Spring, we were able to raise $2370 for the Mi’kmaq Friendship Center.