HLIC is a proud supporter of the ACT2EndRacism.
May 2021: Survey Participants needed
ACT2EndRacism is looking for Asian Canadian focus group participants to collect information about if they have encountered racism in their daily life and whether they have taken steps to report the racist incidents to the relevant authorities. Learning from this research will inform the development of policies and services to prevent racism against Asian Canadians and to strengthen support for victims of racist incidents.
ACCT Foundation Objectives:
- To address the rise of COVID-19 related racism in Canada. During the COVID-19 crisis there has been a rise in violent attacks, physical assaults, verbal harassment, name calling, being spat on, and other hate acts. The main targets of these attacks are individuals of East Asian descent but also individuals who may look East Asian.
- To provide anti-racism resources and tools for the general public, community organizations, and survivors of racism.
- To monitor hate incidents/hate crimes through a national registry so that we have hard data/statistics to inform, educate, advocate and bring awareness.
- To put pressure on government to exercise their responsibility to protect the safety and security of all Canadians. We want clear statements issued by government leaders against racism in all forms and at all levels (including overt racism, subtle discrimination, and organized hate). On a systemic level, we want to provide evidence-based policy and program recommendations to address anti-racism.
- We aim to focus on Canadians affected by COVID-19 triggered related racism.
- We work on activities and campaigns targeted at anti-racism. We are working on media releases, information campaigns, a national anti–racism registry, and anti-racism resources/ tools development.
- We recognize the value of having strength in numbers and in having a uniﬁed voice to address COVID-19 triggered related racism.
- We recognize the many layers of racism and the colonial roots of racism.
- We recognize the intersectionality of gender, race, ethnicity, class, migration that impacts racism at all levels.
- We value equality, equity and inclusion, and social justice.