Last updated: November 13, 2021
HLIC does NOT require proof of vaccination from our students. However, we do require all students (regardless of their vaccinations) to follow all COVID-19 travel protocols and government safety guidelines.
As of October 4, 2021: In the province of Nova Scotia, proof of vaccination will be required to participate in some events and at some places of businesses, such as fitness/sports facilities, restaurants, and bars. For a full list of events and businesses that will require proof of vaccination, please visit the Government of Nova Scotia website.
Entrance requirements for international students during COVID-19:
- International Students arriving in Canada must register and use ArriveCAN
- All Incoming international language school students must agree to and sign a copy of the Languages Canada COVID-19 International Student Safe Travel, Arrival and Quarantine Checklist
- International Students coming to Canada must have completed and printed the Languages Canada Quarantine Plan, have registered via the ArriveCAN app (free download), and have loaded their quarantine plan on the app prior to boarding their flights.
- Students must complete any self-isolation forms or apps required by provincial authorities (in Nova Scotia: Nova Scotia Safe Check In form.)
- All students have undergone a recognized PCR test and received a negative test result, within 72 hours of their departure to Canada.
- Have a valid study permit or a letter of introduction that shows you were approved for a study permit.
For all current requirements please visit the Government of Canada website here
Necessary Documents and Forms for incoming HLIC Students:
Public health protocols for international students entering Nova Scotia, Canada:
- A 14 day quarantine is required for international students arriving to Nova Scotia from outside of the country if: 1) you are not fully vaccinated OR 2) you cannot provide proof of full vaccination. For more details, please visit here.
- Language schools are required to have oversight responsibility for international students during their quarantine, whether on or off-campus
- Language schools must provide or arrange quarantine accommodations and suitable transportation for international students from the airport, as well as ensure meals are provided to the students during their quarantine period.
- International students arriving to Nova Scotia from outside the Atlantic Bubble must complete the Nova Scotia Safe Check-In form prior to their arrival.
- Students that are fully vaccinated and can provide proof of full vaccination when they arrive to Canada are not required to quarantine.
To summarize the basic safety measures being implemented at HLIC:
- All students, staff and visitors must wear a mask while at HLIC.
- All people entering HLIC must sign in before entering.
- Students and staff must take a daily temperature.
- Students and staff must report any unusual symptoms they may be experiencing, such as fever, fatigue, sore throat, cough etc.
- Hand sanitizer is placed in every classroom and is to be used regularly.
- Hand soap is available at our handwashing stations.
- Students and staff are must maintain social distancing while on campus.
- Students and staff are also expected to maintain social distancing in their daily lives as well which includes limiting activities that are considered high-risk.
- All people within HLIC must follow the hallway one-way traffic flow.
- Class sizes will be limited, students will be seated a safe distance from one another.
- Masks and gloves are available at our front desk for anyone who needs them.