Last updated: May 9, 2022
Nova Scotia has lifted COVID restrictions including gathering limits, social distancing and mask restrictions. At HLIC, we encourage all students, visitors, and staff to continue sanitizing and hand washing practices. Masks are no longer required on campus, however, if any student or staff member would like to continue to wear masks they are welcome to do so.
HLIC does NOT require proof of vaccination from our students. However, we do require all students (regardless of their vaccinations) to follow all COVID-19 travel protocols and government safety guidelines.
Entrance requirements for international students during COVID-19:
- International Students arriving in Canada must register and use ArriveCAN
- All Incoming international language school students must agree to and sign a copy of the Languages Canada COVID-19 International Student Safe Travel, Arrival and Quarantine Checklist
- International Students coming to Canada must have completed and printed the Languages Canada Quarantine Plan, have registered via the ArriveCAN app (free download), and have loaded their quarantine plan on the app prior to boarding their flights.
- Students must complete any self-isolation forms or apps required by provincial authorities.
- All students have undergone a recognized PCR test and received a negative test result, within 72 hours of their departure to Canada.
- Have a valid study permit or a letter of introduction that shows you were approved for a study permit.
Necessary Documents and Forms for incoming HLIC Students:
Public health protocols for international students entering Nova Scotia, Canada:
- A 14 day quarantine is required for international students arriving to Nova Scotia from outside of the country if: 1) you are not fully vaccinated OR 2) you cannot provide proof of full vaccination. For more details, please visit here.
- Language schools are required to have oversight responsibility for international students during their quarantine, whether on or off-campus
- Language schools must provide or arrange quarantine accommodations and suitable transportation for international students from the airport, as well as ensure meals are provided to the students during their quarantine period.
- International students arriving to Nova Scotia from outside the Atlantic Bubble must complete the Nova Scotia Safe Check-In form prior to their arrival.
- Students that are fully vaccinated and can provide proof of full vaccination when they arrive to Canada are not required to quarantine.
For the most up to date provincial & national health information, please visit the following websites: