Last updated: July 7, 2021
Entrance requirements for all international students during COVID-19:
- International Students arriving in Canada must register and use ArriveCAN
- All Incoming international language school students must agree to and sign a copy of the Languages Canada COVID-19 International Student Safe Travel, Arrival and Quarantine Checklist
- International Students coming to Canada must have completed and printed the Languages Canada Quarantine Plan, have registered via the ArriveCAN app (free download), and have loaded their quarantine plan on the app prior to boarding their flights.
- Students must complete any self-isolation forms or apps required by provincial authorities (in Nova Scotia: Nova Scotia Safe Check In form.)
- All students have undergone a recognized PCR test and received a negative test result, within 72 hours of their departure to Canada.
- Have a valid study permit or a letter of introduction that shows you were approved for a study permit.
For all current requirements please visit the Government of Canada website here
Necessary Documents and Forms for incoming HLIC Students:
Public health protocols for international students entering Nova Scotia, Canada:
- all international students arriving to Nova Scotia from another country must quarantine for 14 days
- designated learning institutions, such as universities and language schools, are required to have oversight responsibility for international students during their quarantine, whether on or off-campus
- institutions must provide or arrange quarantine accommodations and suitable transportation for international students from the airport, as well as ensure meals and other supports are provided to the students during their quarantine period
- institutions must provide students with information on health and travel requirements before they arrive in Canada to ensure they are fully prepared to meet the requirements
- international students arriving to Nova Scotia from outside the Atlantic Bubble must complete the Nova Scotia Safe Check-In form prior to their arrival
To summarize the basic safety measures being implemented at HLIC:
- All students, staff and visitors must wear a mask while at HLIC.
- All people entering HLIC must sign in before entering.
- Students and staff must take a daily temperature.
- Students and staff must report any unusual symptoms they may be experiencing, such as fever, fatigue, sore throat, cough etc.
- Hand sanitizer is placed in every classroom and is to be used regularly.
- Hand soap is available at our handwashing stations.
- Students and staff are must maintain social distancing while on campus.
- Students and staff are also expected to maintain social distancing in their daily lives as well which includes limiting activities that are considered high-risk.
- All people within HLIC must follow the hallway one-way traffic flow.
- Class sizes will be limited, students will be seated a safe distance from one another.
- Masks and gloves are available at our front desk for anyone who needs them.
HLIC is committed to bringing students quality learning experiences, maintaining a high level of academic infrastructure and providing the expert instructors that students have come to expect from us. In order to support this commitment, tuition fees and policies will not change in circumstance where we are obligated to deliver our programs in one or more alternative formats as a result of events which are beyond our reasonable control, such as- acts of war, terrorism, pandemics, illnesses, viruses, epidemics, governmental mandates, regulations, labour shortages/strikes, or other factors affecting our ability to provide safe instruction to our student population on campus.